We're looking for a brilliant Service Design Consultant to join our London studio, in London or possibly remotely.
We are looking for someone who has experience as a Service Designer or Senior Service Designer to work as one of our Service Design Consultants. This role has been created due to Engine’s growth in 2021 and will play a crucial part in ensuring Engine continues to deliver an exceptional experience for our clients.
Our Service Design Consultants are a wonderful mix of individuals obsessed with the craft of creating brilliant services while tackling complex strategic questions.
We are looking for someone passionate about understanding customers and getting the ‘art and the science’ right to deliver excellent service experiences. We are looking for someone willing to push the team and the project creatively to ensure the services and experiences we design are innovative, commercially solid and ready to build within the real worlds of our clients’ organisations.
Our Service Design Consultants do more than just create fantastic services. They also lead workstreams, the design process and importantly become a trusted advisor to their clients. As a Service Design Consultant, you will need to be:
- Curious – keep pushing your curiosity to help develop your craft.
- Creative – creativity in design, strategic thinking and communication.
- Challenging – keep us focussed on outcomes.
- Confident – put forward a case for content and creative direction.
- Consistent – demonstrate your reliability and ability to deliver quality thinking and work on time.
- Considerate and professional.
- Take on many roles and tasks as part of delivering with a team.
- Listen and take in the opinions and perspectives of others to find a way forward.
- Considerate and professional.
The role works closely with the Client, the Client Director, Project Leads and the Operations Team to ensure projects run smoothly and deliver an exceptional experience of Engine for our clients.
- You're able to make informed decisions on the best use of time, quality and resources in light of project profitability.
- You are comfortable running small to medium-sized projects, irrespective of sector.
- You are able to produce new thinking, ideas and content in the form of well-articulated ideas drawn from creative leaps or thoughtful analysis.
- You can systematically breakdown complex problems.
- You are comfortable running client sessions, workshops and supporting strong working relationships with our clients.
- You have strong written and verbal skills in the English language.
- You can work autonomously within projects and deliver high quality, creative, communication and research outputs.
- You have a good work ethic, are ambitious and willing to make things work, even when we're up against it on a deadline.
Key tasks, responsibilities and accountability
- Responsible for the service design, development of client engagements and the quality of communications materials.
- Responsible for structuring and ownership of project tasks and activities, including research visits, workshops, documentation etc.
- Responsible for delivering strong creative output and rationale across all aspects of project delivery.
- Responsible for delivering tasks and outputs to the required standard as required by the project consultant or client director.
- Responsible for pushing thinking and ideas creatively to ensure the final design is as creative as possible whilst respecting the client’s operating conditions.
- Responsible for developing Engine’s service design capability, tools and methodologies.
- Responsible for driving the quality of project deliverables that can be used as key case studies for winning new work.
- The structuring and ownership of project tasks and activities, including research visits, workshops, documentation etc.
- Fully support project leads in guiding clients throughout the entire project process.
- The production of visually rich and clear documents, presentations and workshop material.
- Proficient with Adobe CC (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and PowerPoint.
- Experience of Sketch would be great too.
- Strong working knowledge of Miro.
- Guiding more junior members and leading by example.
- Supporting the development of accounts by being responsive to our clients' needs and identifying opportunities.
What great looks like
- You take an active interest in and contribute to the Service Design discipline and practice.
- You're great at developing enjoyable working relationships with our clients.
- You'll support the growth of the Engine team through your enegry and contributions to the practice.
- You have digital product design skills and experience in the digital product development process.
- You have a breadth of experience beyond digital product development including an understanding of the delivery of services through people and within branded environments.
- You can spot and implement ways to help yourself and others work more efficiently and effectively.
- You’ll contribute to the social life of Engine, including knowledge-sharing events.
- You’re able to support more junior members of the team to get the most from their time at Engine.
- You contribute and influence Engine’s thought leadership.
- You have a proven track record of successfully managing internal and external stakeholders.
- You can show us that you can lead and help grow our commercial accounts.
Please contact us at [email protected] including your CV or links to your CV and portfolio online. Thanks!