Engine Service Design worked with Mercedes-Benz to develop an end-to-end service proposition for their after-sales experience and customer care.
One of the concepts developed, MyService, is an online tool to book tiered after-sales services, including MOT, diagnosis and fixed-price repairs to suit individual requirements.There are four service options, covering all budgets:
- Lite, a drop and go option
- Lounge, a ‘while you wait’ option
- Drive, providing customers with a courtesy car
- Collect, providing a collection and delivery service to the customer’s location.
MyService picked up the 2012 BusinessCar Fleet Technology Award for Customer Service. ‘The Techies’ award acknowledges the advances made in technology within the fleet market.
Paul Barker, the editor of BusinessCar, chaired the awards and said:
“Mercedes-Benz has proved that innovative use of technology doesn’t have to be complex. The MyService programme is brilliant in its simplicity for fleet operators looking to save time and energy in booking cars in for service work.”
After piloting the service with selected dealerships in the UK in 2010-11, Mercedes saw significant results, including:
- An increase in Retail Hours of 16.5%, vs. a national decline at other sites of 1.9%
- Retail visits increased by 8.1%, vs. a national decline of 3.1% in previous years.
Mercedes has now launched 27 live sites on the MyService programme, with another 27 planned during 2012-13. Each is tailored to the local audience, such as MyService, Manhattan.
Mercedes is encouraging adoption of the service through service discounts when customers pre-pay via MyMercedesService.co.uk. The transparent, fixed pricing means that customers know what to expect: they can book their service how they want it and when they want it.